This course offers comprehensive insights into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) education with a special focus on inclusivity for students with disabilities. It is designed for educators seeking to implement an interdisciplinary and universally accessible approach to STEM education, integrating the arts and advanced technologies.
- Understanding STEM Education: Explore the core principles and significance of STEM education.
- STEM Interdisciplinary Approach: Learn about interdisciplinary methods in STEM and their application in special education.
- Integrating Arts in STEM (STEAM): Discover how to incorporate arts into STEM education to enhance learning for students with disabilities.
- Activities for STEM Teachers: Identify various activities that STEM teachers can undertake to engage students with diverse needs.
- STEM Tools in Special Education: Understand the use of specific STEM tools and technologies that aid special education.
- Project and Problem-Based Learning: Implement project and problem-based learning strategies tailored for special education.
- Educational Robotics and Programming: Gain insights into using educational robotics, Arduino, and programming in an inclusive classroom setting.
- Social Model for Disability: Learn how to adopt a social model for understanding and addressing disability.
- Universal Design for Learning: Engage with Universal Design principles to create accessible and effective learning experiences.
- Shaping STEM Education for All: Develop strategies to ensure STEM education is inclusive and beneficial for all students, regardless of their abilities.
Target Audience: This course is ideal for STEM educators, special education professionals, and curriculum designers committed to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
Course Delivery: The course will be delivered through a blend of lectures, interactive workshops, case studies, and hands-on activities, ensuring participants gain both theoretical knowledge and practical application skills.